Our specialist criminal litigation team represents clients charged with the most serious and high-profile offences.
We have particular experience in the following:
- rape and other serious sexual offences
- kidnap and false imprisonment
- gang-related violence
- importation of drugs
- armed robbery
Over half the serious cases we handle are referred to us by other solicitors—a mark of the team's strong track record and excellent reputation in the profession.
Our Serious criminal offences team
- We are recognised as one of the leading criminal solicitors in the UK. The team is highly rated by lawyers' directory The Legal 500, and Jae Carwardine is recognised as a leader in her field
- The Legal 500 (2023) ranks our team in Tier 2 where we are described as "one of the best firms practising in crime." Chambers UK (2023) also praises the team for their client service and communication
- We are one of the few firms recognised by the Legal Services Commission to undertake cases involving serious fraud, large-scale or serious crime, money laundering, terrorism and other high-profile cases
- We have Legal Services Commission franchises enabling us to undertake most areas of work for publicly-funded clients.
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
Legal aid can often be available for those being investigated and charged with this type of offence.
If legal aid is not available, we would be pleased to discuss your requirements and produce a costs estimate accordingly based on the type and complexity of the work involved.
The latest news and insights from our criminal and financial crime team
Behind bars—the crisis in Britain's prisons and the urgent need for reform
Warning for landlords when tenants breach planning rules
Russell-Cooke’s financial crime team successfully represent client in Account Freezing Order proceedings