For advice on who to talk to, call
Our specialist criminal litigation team represents clients charged with the most serious and high-profile offences, including:
- rape and other serious sexual offences
- kidnap and false imprisonment
- gang-related violence
- importation of drugs
- armed robbery
Over half the serious cases we handle are referred to us by other solicitors - a mark of the team's strong track record and excellent reputation in the profession.
- We are recognised as one of the leading criminal solicitors in the UK. The team is highly rated by lawyers' directory The Legal 500, and Jae Carwardine is recognised as a leader in her field.
- We are one of the few firms recognised by the Legal Services Commission to undertake cases involving serious fraud, large-scale or serious crime, money laundering, terrorism and other high-profile cases.
- We have Legal Services Commission franchises enabling us to undertake most areas of work for publicly-funded clients.
The Legal 500
Published for over twenty years, The Legal 500 series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 100 countries. Used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, FDs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally - the series is widely regarded as offering the definitive judgement of law firm capabilities.legal500.com
Since 1990, Chambers & Partners has published the world's leading guides to the legal profession and has built a reputation for in-depth, objective research.chambersandpartners.com
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
Legal aid can often be available for those being investigated and charged with this type of offence.
If legal aid is not available, we would be pleased to discuss your requirements and produce a costs estimate accordingly based on the type and complexity of the work involved.