For advice on who to talk to, call
Independently ranked as one of the best immigration law teams in London and the UK.
We are a "very professional immigration service" according to The Legal 500 (2022), which comments that "Russell-Cooke is at the other end of the scale from most firms." One commentator said: "they are very knowledgeable, responsive and willing to help. They kept the process simple for us. They were fair in their billing."
Our immigration lawyers in London specialise in advising individuals across a very broad range of UK immigration matters, ranging from advising on indefinite leave to remain and UK citizenship applications, to family and dependant visa applications, to Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas, to advising individuals who are experiencing problems with the UK’s immigration authorities.
We understand that immigration is highly personal and sensitive and we reflect this in our advice and approach.
For a free call to speak about how one of our immigration lawyers may be able to assist you, feel free to contact us.
Our immigration law advice for individuals
Our immigration lawyers provide our individual clients with a very broad scope of immigration advice, including the following:
- British citizenship and indefinite leave to remain/settlement applications
- Skilled Worker employment related visas
- Intra-Company transfer employment related visas
- Tier 1 - (Investor) visas
- Global Talent, Innovator and Start-up visa applications
- post-deadline discretionary applications for settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme and in time settled status applications
- EEA family permits and residence cards
- family and dependant related visa applications for children, spouses, civil partners, fiancés and unmarried partners
- International Sportsperson visas
- representative of an overseas business visas
- UK ancestry visas
- all types of immigration appeals and immigration litigation in the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and Immigration and Asylum Tribunal
- Human rights and discretion based applications
- standard visitor visas
- fast tracking applications
- International adoption and surrogacy cases
Why instruct our immigration solicitors?
Independently rated as one of the best immigration teams over many successive years: We have for many years in a row been independently legal directory rated as one of the top immigration law teams in London and the UK.
Specialist expertise: Our immigration solicitors have achieved very good outcomes for our individual clients in numerous cases involving exceptional/discretionary applications outside of the Immigration Rules when it might have seemed there were no prospects of success.
High success rate: A very large proportion of visa applications submitted by our immigration solicitors have been approved, despite many of them being discretionary in nature and requiring creative arguments to succeed.
Flexible: Our immigration solicitors advise a very wide range of private clients and take pride in this.
Expedition and insight: Our insightful approach means that our immigration solicitors are adept at “speeding up” Home Office processing times for our clients.
Accessible fees: We keep our fees at a level that we believe are accessible for a very wide range of individual clients. Find out more about pricing for our immigration services for individuals.
Contentious immigration matters: One of our legal directory noted specialisms is challenging negative UKVI/Home Office decisions.
Trust: With its long established history, the firm's advice has been trusted for many decades by a wide range of individual and private clients.
Independent legal directory comments
A selection of other more recent independent legal directory comments about our immigration team or immigration solicitors in our team include the following:
- “excellent client care skills” - The Legal 500 (2022)
- “The team … is known for providing a ‘very good standard of service’” - The Legal 500 (2022)
- “super nice and competent” - The Legal 500 (2022)
- “provides a ‘brilliant service…”, “…achieves impressive results”, “experienced”
- "concise, user-friendly, commercial, clear and charming"
- "very diligent", "concise, user-friendly, commercial, clear and charming"
- "courteous, helpful and a pleasure to deal with"
- "on the personal immigration side, the team advises on judicial reviews, appeals and overstays, with particular expertise in the adoption of children abroad"
- "excellent communicator", "very good, "brings the highest standards of professionalism and skill"
Numerous third party publications have also recognised individual immigration expertise within our team.
Insight and know-how
Our immigration solicitors have provided immigration related know how and articles to many leading national and international publications.
International Bar Association
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies.www.ibanet.org
The Legal 500
Published for over twenty years, The Legal 500 series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 100 countries. Used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, FDs and professional advisers - as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally - the series is widely regarded as offering the definitive judgement of law firm capabilities.legal500.com
The Immigration Law Practitioners Association
The Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) is a professional association the majority of whose members are barristers, solicitors and advocates practising in all aspects of immigration, asylum and nationality law.www.ilpa.org.uk
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change. We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for clients depending on their budget and the size, type and complexity of the work involved.
Find out more about our pricing, including examples of fee estimates. We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.