For advice on who to talk to, call
Disputes are a fact of life. Our specialist litigation teams deal with the avoidance and resolution of disputes involving residential and mixed-use property.
We act for property owners, landlords and tenants (in the private and social sectors), institutions, charities, housing co-ops, tenant’s organisations and small and large businesses.
We are renowned for our expertise in the field and have been involved in a number of high profile cases over the years. Our lawyers are experienced in court claims, tribunal applications and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including arbitration and mediation.
We regularly advise on:
- recovery of possession, including eviction of squatters
- recovery of rent and service charges
- disrepair and dilapidation claims
- tenancy terms and tenancy deposit (TDS) issues
- boundary and neighbourhood disputes including rights of way, rights of light and party wall
- disputed enfranchisement and lease extension claims
- leasehold renewal and management disputes especially concerning service charges
- appointment of residential property managers
- right to manage advice and disputes
- conveyancing disputes and enforcement of mortgages
- property related solicitors’ negligence
- property related insolvency disputes
- adverse possession claims
- nuisance and negligence claims
- disputes between tenant management organisations and local authorities
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- homelessness claims
We have a contract with the Legal Aid Agency which means that we are accredited under the Legal Aid scheme to act for tenants facing eviction or suffering serious disrepair and those who are homeless. For Legal Aid queries, please contact our Putney office on +44 (0)20 8789 9111.
Our highly-regarded specialist property litigation team is noted in Chambers UK (2018) as "a terrific firm combining high standards with a very personal approach", with emphasis on "terrific strategising" and "truly excellent client service".
The Legal 500 (2019) describe the team as "assertive, experienced and thorough lawyers who have considerable experience".
Our experienced property teams are headed by Jason Hunter, a leading property lawyer with a national reputation, and consultant Graham French, an established and renowned property litigation and social housing lawyer.
All team members are members of the Property Litigation Association and/or the Housing Law Practitioners Association.
The Leasehold Advisory Service
The Leasehold Advisory Service is an Executive Non Departmental Public Body (ENDPB) funded by Government to provide free advice on the law affecting residential leasehold and commonhold property in England and Wales. We also offer a mediation service.www.lease-advice.org
Property Litigation Association
The PLA is a members' organisation for professionals specialising in all aspects of commercial, residential and agricultural property litigation.www.pla.org.uk
- View all related events