An occupation order is also used to provide protection for you and/or your children and an order can include:

  • another person being excluded from the home or a part of the home
  • you being granted a right to occupy the home

The court can still assist if the property is not owned by you or if it is rented. It can also help with practical matters such as who should pay the rent/mortgage.

It is possible for a power of arrest to be attached to an occupation order.

If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our family law solicitors; Holborn office 020 3826 7526; Kingston office 020 3826 7527 or Putney office 020 3826 7520 or complete our enquiry form.

Our hourly rates are competitive, offering value for money. 

Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.