Scott is a partner in the corporate and commercial team.
He advises entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses and SME's across a range of sectors. Scott is a chartered tax adviser which means that he is able to consider the tax implications of the arrangements, in addition to the providing the core corporate advice.
Scott regularly provides corporate transactional advice to both sellers and buyers. He also advises business angel investors and companies in connection with their funding arrangements.
Corporate property and joint ventures
Scott advises on the sale and purchase of property SPV's and property joint ventures through a range of different structures.
He also works with a number of property developers and investors to develop suitable structures and documentation for their projects, increasingly involving joint ventures.
Scott has extensive experience of advising barristers chambers on a variety of matters. Areas of expertise include establishing structures for acquiring chambers premises and corporate governance issues including chambers constitutions and indemnity arrangements.
More recently he has also been advising on entity regulation and the provision of barrister's services through corporate vehicles.
Scott also advises accountants, architects, solicitors and other professional practices.
Employee incentive schemes
Scott regularly advises on the establishment of employee incentive schemes for SME's, in particular Enterprise Management Incentive schemes.
Lending and security
Scott advises both lenders and borrowers in relation to secured and unsecured lending arrangements across a range of sectors.
Particular areas of expertise are advising property investment and development companies on their funding arrangements with institutional lenders and acting for lenders providing funding for property developments.
- Advised the sellers of UK based research company Kadence International to Japanese listed company, Cross Marketing Group
- Advised a tour operator on the acquisition of a walking and cycling tour business
- Advised a safe deposit company in connection with a private equity investment and refinancing
- Advised a provider of low cost pay per view TV services in connection with a substantial start up investment
- Advised the Ilchester Estate in connection with its joint venture arrangements with Chelsfield Plc, for the redevelopment of the former Commonwealth Institute building in Kensington
- Advising on the sale of the entire issued share capital of BiGDUG Limited to a subsidiary of TAKKT AG
- Advising a substantial property investment group on the acquisition of a family owned property investment company originally established in 1879
- Recommended in The Legal 500 (2022)