Emma Becher is an associate in the private client team.
Emma advises individuals on all aspects of private client law including wills, lasting powers of attorney, trusts and estate planning and probate. She is recognised by clients for her calm and organised approach and for providing clear advice in plain English.
Emma qualified as a solicitor in 2020 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2022.
Emma has experience in:
- preparing wills and advising on inheritance tax and wider estate planning
- administering estates on behalf of the personal representatives with assets in the UK and overseas, including the United States
- advising on resealing foreign grants in the UK
- preparing and advising on Lasting Power of Attorney and acting as a Certificate Provider where appropriate
- Affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Law Society
- Studied Politics and History at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London followed by the Graduate Diploma in Law at University of Law, London and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University, Cambridge
- Trained at a firm with a strong private client focus in Richmond and joins Russell-Cooke from a large national firm