Andrew is a partner in the charity and social business team specialising in property issues.
Andrew has spent his entire career advising charities, and other third sector bodies on their property issues and requirements, including sales, leases, management issues and developments. He has particular experience on property issues arising from charity mergers and incorporations, as well as being an expert on property issues for schools.
Andrew regularly speaks and writes on third sector property issues, including for CLT and PLC, and was instrumental in the inception of the Charity Finance Property Conference, now the leading event in the sector.
Andrew joined Russell Cooke as a partner in 2017, having previously been a partner at a national firm leading the property support for its nationally top rated charity and education practices, building the London property team of that firm from scratch.
Previous experience at a national firm with top rated charity and education practices, including:
- the sale of a school site for residential development for circa £12 million
- the sale and leaseback of a charity’s head office for £3 million, which had to be completed to a tight timescale to ensure the charity’s solvency
- acting for a transferring charity on a merger involving freehold and leasehold property, a management agreement and secured lending
- BSc and PhD in Environmental Biology from Imperial College London
- CPE (Commendation) and LPC (Distinction) from the College of Law, Guildford