Camilla is a partner in the family team, based in the Bedford Row office. She is highly regarded by her peers, has over 25 years experience in family law and is a collaborative lawyer and Resolution trained mediator.
She advises on all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and matters involving children. Her particular expertise lies in advising mid to high-net-worth individuals, including non-residents, on their financial settlements following separation and divorce. She has acted on numerous cases involving family trusts, inherited wealth, entrepreneurs, private companies, large pensions, offshore assets, city bonuses and high earning professionals. She also has considerable experience advising on pre and post-nuptial agreements, often with an international element.
Camilla is committed to finding the right legal process within which to resolve a family dispute in a constructive and cost effective manner. Her settlement success rate is high with most of her cases settling without the involvement of the court. However where necessary, she will fight her client’s case within the court arena with tenacity.
She is ranked as a leading individual in The Legal 500 (2020) and has published articles in a number of family law publications, including the Family Law Journal, and is a member of Resolution.
Camilla joined Russell-Cooke in 1996 and became a partner in 1998. After working in the Putney office for 10 years, she moved to the firm’s Bedford Row office where she set up its now highly regarded Central London family team.
- Recognised in Citywealth Leaders List 2018, identified as a 'leading lawyer' in the 2017 edition, named in the 'honours list' and a 'power woman' in the 2015 and 2016 editions
- Collaborative lawyer and family mediator
- Member of Resolution, the association of family practitioners
- Chambers UK (2016) state she is“highly regarded for her experience in complex financial structures associated with matrimonial dissolution, including tax and trust issues”
- Recommended in Chambers UK (2015) "clients value her approachability"
- Noted as someone who “knows what she is doing” The Legal 500 (2015)
- Described as "incredibly sensitive and very careful in her guidance" and consequently clients have "absolute confidence in her legal skills" Chambers UK (2014)
- Recommended as "the perfect support for the difficult case" The Legal 500 (2014)
- Included in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' lists for 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Described as "a friendly and considerate individual with extensive legal knowledge" Chambers uk (2011)
- Ex-member of Resolution’s Standards committee during which she was a member of its 2007 code of practice working party which lead to the redrafting of the association’s then code of conduct
- Chaired LexisNexis Webinar: “Family Law – A Practical Guide to Pensions” (June 2013)
- Law degree from Reading University and Law Society Finals at Guildford Law School
- Qualified as a collaborative lawyer in 2004
- Trained as a family mediator with Resolution in 2011