Camilla is a consultant in the family team based in our central London office in Bedford Row.
She is highly regarded by her peers and has almost 30 years' experience advising on all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and matters involving children. Her particular expertise lies in advising mid to high-net-worth individuals, including non-residents, on their financial settlements following separation and divorce, and has acted in numerous cases involving family trusts, inherited wealth, entrepreneurs, private companies, large pensions, offshore assets, city bonuses and high earning professionals. In addition, she has considerable experience advising on pre and post-nuptial agreements, often with an international element.
Camilla also practices as a family mediator (both for finance and children) and regularly offers support and advice to clients who are seeking to reach their own financial settlements and arrangements for their children within the mediation process.
Camilla is committed to helping her clients settle their family disputes within the right legal process for them and in a sensible, constructive and cost effective manner. Most of her cases settle without the involvement of the court, but for those that do not, she will fight her client’s case within the court arena with tenacity.
She is ranked as a leading individual in The Legal 500 (2022) and was recognised in Best Lawyers 2020.
She has had numerous published articles published in a number of family law publications, including the Family Law Journal, and is a member of Resolution.
Camilla joined Russell-Cooke in 1996 and became a partner in 1998. After working in the Putney office for 10 years, she moved to the firm's Bedford Row office where she set up its now highly regarded Central London family team. She became a consultant in 2021.
- Family mediator
- Member of Resolution, the association of family practitioners
- Recognised in Citywealth Leaders List 2018, identified as a 'leading lawyer' in the 2017 edition, named in the 'honours list' and a 'power woman' in the 2015 and 2016 editions
- Chambers UK (2016) state she is “highly regarded for her experience in complex financial structures associated with matrimonial dissolution, including tax and trust issues”
- Recommended in Chambers UK (2015) "clients value her approachability"
- Noted as someone who “knows what she is doing” The Legal 500 (2015)
- Described as "incredibly sensitive and very careful in her guidance" and consequently clients have "absolute confidence in her legal skills" Chambers UK (2014)
- Recommended as "the perfect support for the difficult case" The Legal 500 (2014)
- Included in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' lists for 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Ex-member of Resolution’s Standards Committee during which she was a member of its 2007 Code of Practice working party which lead to the redrafting of the association’s then Code of Conduct
- Law degree from Reading University and Law Society Finals at Guildford Law School
- Qualified as a collaborative lawyer in 2004
- Trained as a family mediator with Resolution in 2011